Part-Time Employment Opportunity
The Cobden Agricultural Society is currently looking for a Secretary / Treasurer to assist with coordination of hall rentals and Ag Society events. This is a year round position (approximately 2 days per week year round) with busier weeks in summer. Excellent computer and communication skills required to work with volunteer board. Bookkeeping and event planning skills will be considered an asset. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Tara Tennant (firstname.lastname@example.org) by January 28th. Full job description can be found at www.cobdenfair.com.
Full Job Description: Secretary/Treasurer, Cobden Agricultural Society 2017
As Secretary shall:
- Attend all meetings of the Society (monthly, AGM) and keep an accurate record of the proceedings of these meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas and minutes at monthly meetings
- Communicate with Society members, sponsors, and exhibitors effectively
- Revise and update Fair Book with input from various committees
- Maintain an organized filing system
- Coordinate all bookings for banquet hall
- Work with volunteer board to coordinate events at annual fair
- Supervise summer student employed from July – August each year.
- Be present for the days leading up to and for the duration of the fair.
As Treasurer shall:
- Receive all monies paid to the Society and deposit them in a chartered bank account
- Maintain a full set of books including Accounts Receivable, Payable and a small Payroll
- Complete and send all remittances in the timely manner
- Prepare the yearly financial report for the Annual General Meeting
- Prepare monthly financial reports to the Agricultural Society and present them at monthly meetings of the Board
- Assist with annual budgeting
- Complete annual Grant applications
This is a general description of the duties. However, the responsibilities of the positions are not restricted to this outline.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Tara Tennant (email@example.com).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 28, 11:59pm